A Special Recipe from Corazón Counseling……..
It seems that everyone now in days talks about healthy eating, exercise, and detoxifying the body from unwanted chemicals, but what about detoxifying our minds too! We often forget to nurture and take care of our mental health, and our emotional wellbeing suffers because of it. I believe our mental health is as vital if not more as our physical health, there is no health without mental health! I truly hope that as a society we begin to courageously talk about mental and emotional health without shame and guilt, and maybe just maybe we’ll begin to heal our communities, families, and ourselves from the inside out.
In the meantime, here are my 10 ingredients to a simple mind detox, hoping this inspires and empowers you to take charge of your mental and emotional wellness in 2015! Throughout this coming year I will post specific examples and exercises for each.
- Each morning replace your to do list with a gratitude list
- Turn off your TV! Take a technology break at least a couple of days a week
- Spend at least 15 minutes outside everyday doing something you enjoy: walk, pray, write, sing remember to touch the earth, trees, plants, soil it helps release anger, rage, resentments
- Clear out any unnecessary clutter in your home especially your bedroom
- Practice 1 mindful exercise daily, example: choose one activity you regularly do such a brushing your teeth, taking a shower, cooking, driving , making love, etc.… and fully embrace your entire being and awareness into that activity, by focusing and noticing all of your senses: smell, touch, sight, taste, hearing.
- Before you go to sleep write down all of your worries, regrets, and fears write freely without judgment (this is so simple yet one of the most therapeutic activities you could do for emotional and mental wellness)
- Smudge yourself with some sage, sweet grass, cedar, or copal, visualize the smoke taking away your worries, fears, and regrets pay special attention to your heart, throat, and third eye chakras as you smudge. Offering the smoke to mother earth, creator, the universe.
- Find someone you trust and will not judge you and begin to share your story……having someone else witness and listen to your narrative is a powerful way of cleaning out all those toxic thoughts, traumas, and behavior patterns that have been accumulating through the years.
- Add a little pinch of Hope
- And pour a full cup of Corazón
Should you need and desire some support through your detoxifying and healing process feel free to call or email me for a free consultation, I’m here to help. (951) 452-0067 email@example.com